Music Industry Inside Out collects, holds, uses and discloses Personal Information that you voluntarily provide when accessing and/or registering for a Music Industry Inside Out membership. Music Industry Inside Out may combine the information you provide voluntarily with other Music Industry Inside Out business or third parties to enhance your user experience. MIIO does not sell the data we collect from our clients to third parties.
What constitutes “Personal Information”?
Personal Information is any information (including but not limited to numerical, alphabetical, graphic, photographic, sound, or any other type of information concerning an individual) or opinion (whether fact or not) which either identifies you or from which your identity can reasonably be determined, including in conjunction with other information to which a third party has or is likely to have access to.
Music Industry Inside Out does not collect private and sensitive Personal Information. Sensitive Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) racial or ethnic origin, academic qualifications, political opinions, personal identification numbers, political views, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
REGISTRATION AND USAGE DATA
When you register with Music Industry Inside Out, we may collect the following information in our server logs:
- information that you provide when applying or registering for access to the Music Industry Inside Out Service which may include your username, password, name, email address, as well as demographic information, such as your zip or postal code and country. Music Industry Inside Out may also collect your IP-address during registration;
- information that you voluntarily provide such as your account preferences and interests;
We may also publish, disclose, and use information (other than Personal Information) for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
Data Collected to Manage Your Membership
At checkout, we will collect your name, email address, username, and password. This information is used to setup your account for our site. If you are redirected to an offsite payment gateway to complete your payment, we may store this information in a temporary session variable to setup your account when you return to our site.
At checkout, we may also collect your billing address and phone number. This information is used to confirm your credit card. The billing address and phone number are saved by our site to prepopulate the checkout form for future purchases and so we can get in touch with you if needed to discuss your order.
At checkout, we may also collect your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. This information is passed to our payment gateway to process your purchase. The last 4 digits of your credit card number and the expiration date are saved by our site to use for reference and to send you an email if your credit card will expire before the next recurring payment.
Data collected from an order is used to process transactions, and enroll users into courses. Also data collected like name and email address is used to send out email notifications for purchases or course notifications. WP Courseware only sends required data to the payment gateways.
What rights do you have to your data?
Music Industry Inside Out is GDPR compliant in which users can request a copy of their data or can request to have their data anonymized through the core WordPress GDPR tools. Please use this page to make a request.
This service is usually provided free of charge and we ask that the request be made in writing. We will act on all such requests as soon as reasonably possible on receipt of the request.
When you use the Music Industry Inside Out Service, our server may send small data files known as ‘cookies’ and other similar technologies to your device. When you revisit or re-use the Music Industry Inside Out Service, the cookies allow the site to recognise your browser, making your experience on the Music Industry Inside Out Service more convenient and personal. The cookies may also store your preferences and other information that will allow us to tailor and simplify your experience when using the Music Industry Inside Out Service.
We use Google Analytics and the Facebook Pixel to explore and understand our demographics and map our marketing campaigns.
You have the option of changing your browser preferences to not allow cookies or even request your permission to send cookies. Most of Music Industry Inside Out’s features rely on the voluntary information you provide through your member profile, which you will have access to manage and update.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
COMPETITIONS, PROMOTIONS OR SWEEPSTAKES
We cannot see your full credit card number, ever. Your credit or debit card information and other relevant financial data may be collected if you sign up to use our Services as a member. We may also collect, hold, use and disclose some limited information, such as your postal code or mobile phone number. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number of transacting an order. The entire number credit card number will be transmitted to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You expressly consent to Music Industry Inside Out using the information we collect and hold, including your Personal Information, in the following ways:
- to enable you to access and use the Music Industry Inside Out website and member’s page;
- to provide, personalise and improve the Music Industry Inside Out Service in line with our users’ needs and to display content that is customised to their interests and preferences;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Music Industry Inside Out or our partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to communicate with you about the Music Industry Inside Out Service such as service notices, reminders and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you; and
- to send you direct marketing, electronic direct marketing, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Music Industry Inside Out or general promotions for partner campaigns, goods and services. You may opt out of receiving these notifications and correspondence at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each communication, or alternatively by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.@musicindustryinsideout.com.au
- Music Industry Inside Out has taken the necessary action to ensure that all personal information of Members is securely maintained. You may receive information, correspondence and push notifications from our partners and third party organisations. By using the Music Industry Inside Out Service, you are expressly agreeing to Music Industry Inside Out acting in this manner.
The Music Industry Inside Out website can be accessed with various social media programs including Facebook, Twitter and the like. Much of the information which you choose to be publically available shall be available by default, including your username, profile picture, any friends or playlists you are following, or those following you, your recent activity and any content you post or upload.
Music Industry Inside Out occasionally employs third parties to provide services on its behalf necessary to perform the Music Industry Inside Out Services, or performing statistical analysis. The access of such parties to your Personal Information will be limited to the data they need in order to deliver the service.
Music Industry Inside Out may also share information in order to obtain content from third parties, analyse usage patterns, provide demographic information, assist in design of advertising campaigns and other similar uses that will facilitate third party contacts in appropriate cases with parties selected by Music Industry Inside Out, as well as to prevent, investigate or take action regarding suspected fraud and other illegal activities, as well as situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person and violations of Music Industry Inside Out’s Terms of Service.
We may access and/or disclose your Personal Information if we, in our sole discretion, deem it necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws; or
- respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process; or
- to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal claims.
We may provide the information which we collect to our successors and assigns in the event that we transfer, sell or dispose of all or any portion of our business and the information is relevant to that business segment.
Music Industry Inside Out may also share your information to third parties in the following situations:
- to respond to any relevant legal court order or subpoena, and/or in order to comply with any applicable law;
- to protect the safety of any person;
- to enforce Music Industry Inside Out’s Terms of Service;
- to prevent, investigate or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- in the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of part or all of the Music Industry Inside Out Group;
- to advise our partners of the usage of the Music Industry Inside Out Service, in the form of non-personal statistics and data; and
- if you expressly opt in to having your data shared.
You understand and agree that the privacy policies of any third party will govern their use of the information that we share with them.
TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Can you object to giving your personal information?
Should you choose to use the Music Industry Inside Out Service/membership, we will require your Personal Information so that we are able to provide the services.
Updating your Personal Information
We will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, up to date and complete, and to update information where we are advised of changes.
To ensure we can provide you with the best possible service, it is important to ensure your information is accurate, up to date and complete. Should there be any change to your Personal Information, we ask that you update us as soon as practicable. We will update your details upon receiving instructions from you to do so.
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information on your Music Industry Inside Out Account at any time. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your Music Industry Inside Out account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your account.
USE OF SERVICE BY CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from visitors under the age of 18 years. If you are under the age of 18, and wish to become a member of our service, you must obtain your parent’s permission before disclosing any information on the Service. Your membership of the service will indicate that parental permission has been sought. Music Industry Inside Out collects, uses and discloses information on users aged under 18 years in the same manner as it does for adults.
Music Industry Inside Out will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Information in its possession or under its control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
Music Industry Inside Out works with secure data networks protected by both industry-standard firewalls and passwords. We continuously implement and update security measures in order to safeguard your Personal Information. We also limit access to Personal Information to those Music Industry Inside Out employees (and those employees of our affiliates) that we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide our products and services to you.
If a username and password is used to help to protect your account from unauthorised access, you must keep such login data confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. We recommend that you select a unique and strong password to prevent unauthorised access to your account. If you have used a shared device, you must ensure that you sign out.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using secure sockets layer software, which encrypts information you input. Music Industry Inside Out will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, however no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of storing electronic information can be 100% secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information at any time.
Any third party that processes data on behalf of Music Industry Inside Out are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us, and shall, before commencing the processing of data, provide Music Industry Inside Out with appropriate commitments and other adequate guarantees of the data security. However, you agree that we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
Where there are any translations of this Agreement and to the extent of any inconsistency, the English version shall prevail.
APPLICATION OF TERMS OF SERVICE