Website APRA AMCOS
Applications close 9am Monday, 21 October 2019
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), s 105 of the AntiDiscrimination Act 1991 (Qld), s 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s 8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). The position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
This newly created role provides an essential link in the APRA AMCOS National service between the organisation, its members and associated stakeholders in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
The National Manager – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Music Office provides an essential link in the APRA AMCOS National service between the organisation, its members and associated stakeholders in the Indigenous music community. The role forms an integral part of the Writer Services team and would be required to liaise with all staff across the team and departments, including Sounds Australia (National music export office) where there is a functional relationship.
This position requires the incumbent to be active in the Indigenous music sector, liaising with Local, State and Federal Government bodies and advocating for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander members on a National level.
As a National Manager – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Music Office, your duties will include but not limited to:
- Manage the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Music Office, to ensure a high level of service is provided to their members.
- To manage the delivery of APRA AMCOS events and Indigenous National outreach
- To provide advice and input on APRA AMCOS National Indigenous strategy and policy
- To provide advice and input in to Sounds Australia’s export strategy and cultural policy practices promoting Indigenous artists internationally.
- To provide information and answer queries on all aspects of the music industry including copyright issues to both members and non-members
- To attend international industry conferences in conjunction with Sounds Australia
- To provide quality public speaking, education and representation of behalf of APRA AMCOS
To succeed in this role, it is critical that you possess:
- Deep understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander protocol and culture
- Existing networks with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander music industry
- Arts Industry experience
- 5-10 years stakeholder management experience at an intermediate to senior level
- High level database management skills
- Outstanding presentation skills with the confidence to communicate to large groups
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent project management experience, especially in event organisation and program delivery
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- A current passport
A copy of the complete job description can be found on the APRA AMCOS Working with Us page.
How to Apply
If you see yourself as having the potential to become a valuable member of this team, please submit your resume with a cover letter (1-2 pages) or video cover letter (maximum 1 minute) outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday, 21 October 2019
Applications without a cover letter and CV or that are received after the closing date will not be considered.
Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APRA AMCOS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We prioritise employee wellbeing, with regular seminars, an EAP, mental health training, onsite flu vaccinations and more. We offer flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave and purchased leave. We prioritise diversity and we value learning. We’ve gone green with numerous sustainability initiatives, and we give back by regularly supporting charities.
For more information, please contact Kara Kwan HR@apra.com.au
To apply for this job please visit apra.com.au .