Website NSW Police Force
- Senior Band Member
- Ongoing Full-Time
Essential requirements – applicants must:
- have demonstrated professional experience as a commercial musician;
- have demonstrated professional experience as a musician with large ensembles and Musical Directors/Conductors;
- have demonstrated performance ability on a second doubling instrument;
- hold relevant qualifications or equivalent professional experience with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development;
- hold a NSW Class MR driver’s license with minimum 6-month clear driving record and/or Class C licence with willingness to obtain a MR class licence;
- acknowledge that regular performances are held on evenings, weekends and public holidays is an ongoing occurrence for musicians with the NSW Police Band; and
- hold a current and valid Working With Children check clearance.
- obtain and maintain the requisite security clearances for this position.
To be eligible to apply for this permanent position, you must meet one of the following status:
- an Australian Citizen
- a permanent Australian resident or citizen of New Zealand
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
This recruitment may be used to create a Talent Pool for similar future roles (ongoing or temporary) that may arise over the next 12 months.
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach a cover letter;
- Attach an up-to-date Resume/CV; and
- Address each of the Target Questions in the text boxes provided in the online Application or attach as a separate document. Please limit your response to no more than 300 words per question.
Please do not attach copies of Qualifications, Certificates or documentation (other than a Resume/CV) – you can bring these if called for interview. All persons progressing to interview will be required to perform a musical audition.
A Working with Children Check (WWCC) is a prerequisite for this role. The applicant is responsible for applying their own WWCC (an employer cannot apply on behalf of workers) and if the outcome is a clearance, the Check is valid for five years and may be used for any child-related work in NSW.
You can apply for your Working with Children Check here: http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
Prior to commencement, the successful candidate(s) will be required to undergo a rigorous National Police Check and obtain and maintain a Security Clearance as determined by the NSW Police Force. For further information on the Security Clearance process click here
Applications can only be submitted electronically online via the I Work for NSW website.
For information on applying for roles with the NSW Police Force click here
To view or download the Role Description click here
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: MONDAY 25 AUGUST 2019 at 11.59 pm
To apply for this job please visit jobsnsw.taleo.net.