Website St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne
Music Therapist – Adult Mental Health Inpatient Service
- Part-time (2 days per fortnight)
- Excellent benefits including salary packaging
About the Company
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia’s leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About the Role
The Senior Music Therapist is responsible for the delivery of high quality music therapy services to patients receiving treatment within St Vincent’s Mental Health, Adult and Aged services and the Department of Addiction Medicine. St Vincent’s Mental Health utilises the ‘Strength’s’ model of case management, the position will actively contribute to the implementation of the Strengths model across the wider mental health service.
Music Therapist Grade 3 YB78 – YB81 ($91,124 – $104,109 pa pro rata)
- Provide high quality music therapy to individuals and groups
- Provide high quality music therapy education and program development
- Effective and efficient management of clinical workload to meet organisational and program requirements
- Ability to work as a multidisciplinary team member
- Actively participates in supporting and working within the Strengths Model of Recovery Orientated Practice
- Participate in the provision of community development/education sessions for clinical staff and external stakeholders within area of expertise
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to the resolution of complex situations that may involve negotiation with multiple service providers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Current registration as a Music Therapist with Australian Music Therapy Association Inc
- Substantial post graduate experience in a hospital or health care setting
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of music technology applicable to therapeutic practices
- At least seven years of experience working in music therapy
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Car Park
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
To apply for this job please visit svha.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.