Website Cool Accidents
About Cool Accidents
Cool Accidents is Australia’s most forward-thinking music brand – with its own distinct voice and attitude, we create content that’s relevant, thoughtful, entertaining and accidental. We’ve been having fun since 2011, providing the most shareable content, original writing, entertainment, and must-see videos. This fast-growing music and pop culture blog converts Warner Music content into candid showcases, parties, daily articles, merchandise, charitable initiatives and short film. All this while having as much fun as humanly possible.
Cool Accidents – good times, great tunes.
Here’s why you want to work here:
Warner Music Australia prides itself on its creativity and innovation, and this role is all about leading our conversation in the media landscape with 16-34 year olds. We work with everyone from Stormzy to E^st, Cardi B to Charli XCX, Bhad Bhabie to Bazzi, and many more. You’ll be working with emerging stars and superstars, from around the world and here in Australia.
Here’s what the job is:
As Editor of Cool Accidents you will be the ambassador in both the local and international music scene within the Warner family for the publication. You’ll be driving the dialogue through commissioning, writing and editing the content for the channel, driving traffic and awareness for our artists.
You’ll have a deep understanding of the Cool Accidents brand and Warner Music Australia roster, and be well connected in the local music industry with an extensive contact list to drive the content narrative on the channel. SEO will be your secret power.
You’ll need to be audience-obsessed, fan first, but also technical in nature to reach channel objectives. Ideally, you’ll have experience in working in a data-driven environment, where audience insights influence and optimise content generation.
- Overall strategy and execution for the Cool Accidents Channel.
- Being the brand ambassador for Cool Accidents, both internally and external, ensuring that all stakeholders are engaged with the channel.
- Reaching Channel KPIs as set by the Head Of Digital.
- Commissioning, writing, formatting and scheduling of all content on the channel, including submissions from contributors.
- Devising a specific monthly strategy based on agreed key metrics based on releases and ‘moments’.
- Liaising with contributors, marketing managers, artists and their managers, publicists, production companies in order to generate content for the channel, and drive engagement.
- Maintaining all relevant (and yet to exist) CA channels – Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Soundcloud, Spotify etc.
- Creating engaging and creative ideas around the WMA artist repertoire.
- Reacting to trending and ‘pop culture’ moments through memes, videos, and live tweeting.
- Film, edit and publish content for the channel and Warner Music artists as required.
- Work with the CRM manager on a monthly Cool Accidents EDM.
- Work with the content team to film and deliver regular video content, including artist interviews.
- Work with appointed digital agencies on ad campaigns, SEO and website builds.
- Staying on top of all current and new digital platforms and trends.
- 3+ years’ experience in digital publishing, with a proven track record of producing highly engaging, impactful content across the music space.
- A bachelor degree in journalism is preferable.
- Deep love of music, pop culture and understanding of the “fan” mentality.
- Must know the difference between Lil Pump, Lil Skies, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Yachty, and Lil Wayne.
- An ability to cover a wide range of music genres while maintaining the vibe and personality of Cool Accidents
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro, is a must.
- Ideally, experience in working in a data-driven environment, where audience insights influence and optimise content generation.
- A keen interest in news, entertainment, current affairs and social issues as well as an understanding of youth audiences.
- Excel at building relationships with artists and making them feel comfortable when creating content.
- Google Analytics, Adobe/Omniture, Facebook Business Manager, Ad Manager, and Instagram experienced.
- SEO advocate.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with other technical and non-technical teams (such as Web Developers, QAs and Project Managers).
- CMS expert – preferably in Drupal 8 and WordPress.
- Shooting skills are desired, using cameras such as XF305, 5D and/or C300. But not essential.
- Experience in maintaining analytics operations in a consumer business.
- Outstanding problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, as well as an ability to think quick on your feet.
If you feel that you possess the relevant skills and experience, please email both a covering letter and resume detailing your relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: MONDAY 21 MAY 2018
Please note that applications will not be received or considered if you apply for this role through the seek.com.au website ‘apply now’ option, or without providing both a covering letter and resume.
- Contact Name: HR
- Contact Email: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.pedestrian.tv.