Website Brisbane Festival
BRISBANE FESTIVAL IS ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S MAJOR INTERNATIONAL ARTS FESTIVALS.
Each September, it explodes across the city with a thrilling program of theatre, music, dance, circus, opera and major public events such as Sunsuper Riverfire.
Brisbane Festival attracts an audience of around one million people every year.
Brisbane Festival has only been annual since 2009, but in that time it’s been embraced by the city and admired by the world.
About the Role
A unique opportunity exists for an arts marketer to work in a highly engaging festival environment. Help support box office growth through innovative marketing and publicity strategies and work alongside a team of creative professionals in a modern office in Brisbane’s vibrant Fortitude Valley arts precinct.
The Marketing Executive is responsible for developing tactical destination marketing plans for a cross section of allocated venues as well as event marketing plans for a diverse portfolio of Brisbane Festival activities presented at those venues.
This role requires a creative, well organised and deadline driven arts marketer capable of creating and executing tactical marketing plans for Brisbane Festival events which may include: prestige international and national performing arts productions; major contemporary music concerts; small gigs; cabaret-circus-burlesque shows; independent theatre; comedy; dance; large scale free events; city activations and installations; and, family orientated shows and events. It is preferable but not necessary to possess experience in the festival and/or events sector.
Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, the arts or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience;
- 3 years or more active arts marketing planning and campaign execution;
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop and manage internal and external key stakeholder relationships;
- Excellent administration skills and understanding of workflow and approval processes; and
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Three years’ arts marketing experience implementing marketing plans for including successful application of digital marketing practices and social media;
- Experience in the festival and/or events sector;
- Knowledge of the arts sector;
- Advanced computing skills (experience with a database system, adobe products, Microsoft office, CMS systems, and proficiency with HTML and CSS will be highly regarded); and,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines.
Download the Position Description including details on how to apply.
Applications close Monday 26 March 2018. Applications are strictly confidential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org