Who are we looking for:
Do you want to work for a fast-paced live music company working on one of Australia’s largest music festivals?
We’re on the lookout for a social media guru who has experience creating and delivering engaging content and is passionate about the music industry. A strategic yet creative eye for digital marketing with proven experience with website, email and social media platform management is a must.
About the role:
Bluesfest is an annual five-day music festival held over Easter in Byron Bay. Bluesfest Touring Pty Ltd engages international and local artists to perform at Bluesfest and on tour at venues in Australia and New Zealand. Annually 80 – 110 artists may be engaged to appear at Bluesfest and 25-30 on tour.
Boomerang Festival is an adjunct festival, generally incorporated within its own precinct within Bluesfest providing access to First Nations arts and culture.
We are looking for a creative, energetic and self-motivated individual that has an enthusiasm for music events and festivals and would like to work within a busy live music company.
The individual will specifically work within the Marketing department, executing campaigns specifically for Bluesfest (festival) and Bluesfest Touring.
The candidate must be able to work as part of a team, take initiative for their own work, report results, constantly provide fresh and innovative ideas and have an eye for details. Given the nature of social media, the role may include some evenings and weekends.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Plan content for and manage all social media accounts ensuring content created is optimised for each channel
- Understand and work with a variety of CMS and social platforms
- Liaise closely and work with Communications & Publicity Manager, Head of Touring, and external Digital Marketing Partners
- Assist in the creation of social media strategy and content (image, text, video), liaising with the marketing team to initiate, activate and motivate new online communities
- Assist in continually engaging existing online communities through community management
- Collate and analyse statistics for websites and online communities as well as preparing weekly reports from social media advertising data
- Co-ordinate with wider Bluesfest team on any relevant messaging for Festival and Touring that need to be communicated
- Coordinate innovative digital content on site for the festival
- Assist in forecasting and management of updating campaign budgets
- Manage production and distribution of email campaigns
- Manage the monitoring of social media by ensuring all enquiries are responded to and engaging with customers where appropriate
Knowledge/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- At least two years’ experience of using social media platforms (Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Experience in creating, implementing and optimising digital marketing campaigns using customer data and continuously improving on performance
- Possess strong online communication skills including the ability to relate to different audiences
- Strong Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites and social media advertising skills required
- Video editing skills
- A good understanding of HTML is a bonus
Key competencies and personal qualities:
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail with strong communications and organisational skills
- A love for music and the live entertainment industry
Please note the candidate must be based in the region and have the ability to commit to the role on a full-time basis. Please provide examples of relevant work experience and salary expectation in your response to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com