Website APRA AMCOS
We exist to be music's biggest fan
Applications close 5pm Monday, 10 December 2018
APRA AMCOS is a progressive membership organisation in the arts and cultural industry with a passion for promoting the value music brings to business and to life. With over 100,000 members, we work to ensure that composers, songwriters and publishers are rewarded whenever, and wherever, their musical works are played, performed or reproduced. We help Australian & New Zealand music customers get access to the world’s musical repertoire.
This is a crucial commercial and revenue-generating leadership role in our business at a critical time in our industry. The position is a full time role based in Sydney and will require travel within Australia and NZ from time to time. It will also require some flexibility in terms of evening and weekend work occasionally.
Scope of the role
Reporting directly to the Divisional Head, Revenue, this role leads a team of 18 staff who maximise revenue from broadcast and digital media key accounts in order to achieve agreed revenue targets/sales quotas. The role is personally accountable for establishing and controlling APRA AMCOS’ national media licensing strategy and media licensing team to achieve ambitious revenue and expense targets: in 2018, broadcast and digital media licensing represented over $200 million in licensing revenue.
We’re looking for a rainmaker: an astute, energetic, charismatic music-lover, with a strong commercial bent, a strategically creative flair for scheme development and an ability to pitch, facilitate and negotiate lucrative commercial licensing deals on behalf of our members.
The overall objectives of the role include:
- maximising revenue and revenue opportunities
- working with other relevant managers to develop new or replacement tariffs/schemes and a national media licensing strategy
- monitoring licensing and expense performance, and initiating corrective action where necessary
- developing budget, and regularly reporting actual performance to budget, with variance analyses and revised projections
- gathering market intelligence covering new developments in broadcast and digital media products and services and sales strategies
- delivering high quality services to clients and members including by ensuring the department adheres to relevant policies and legislation (e.g. Code of Conduct and Privacy)
- leading and developing a focused, collegiate, high performing team
creating, developing and maintaining strong business relationships with broadcast and digital media clients
- achieving continuous improvement in the performance of the Media Licensing Department
- At least 10 years’ experience at senior executive-level in a commercial sales role with a proven record of revenue achievement.
- Established strong professional networks / connections with Australian broadcast and digital media businesses.
- Deep understanding of the Australian music licensing framework and the commercial value of music in broadcast and digital media
- Demonstrated insight into the rapidly evolving commercial uses of music by broadcast and digital media organisations.
- Outstanding negotiator, able to secure complex commercial deals at a senior level.
Sound commercial and financial skills and an appreciation of governance issues.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically in the development and implementation of innovative best practice initiatives within a complex business environment.
- Excellent people management and adaptive leadership skills with a proven record in establishing a successful team-based work environment that enables people to develop their full potential and to do well.
- Expert-level communications skills. Able to listen sensitively to the views of others and to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
Personable, persuasive, with the capability to credibly represent APRA AMCOS and build strong, long-term relationships with stakeholders.
Please refer to our website to view the complete Job Description.
All necessary training will be provided.
How to Apply
Please send through a cover letter (1-2) pages outlining your relevant experience along with an up-to-date resume via SEEK by 5pm Monday, 10 December 2018.
Applications without a cover letter and resume or that are received after the closing date will not be considered. You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job – details of relevant visas should be provided.
Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview.
APRA AMCOS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
We prioritise employee wellbeing, with regular seminars, an EAP, mental health training, onsite flu vaccinations and more. We offer flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave and purchased leave. We prioritise diversity and we value learning. We’ve gone green with numerous sustainability initiatives, and we give back by regularly supporting charities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org