- This event has passed.
The Desert Sessions [NT]
September 7 - September 10
The Desert Sessions will explore the art of songwriting and the various uses of a song and composition from 7-10 September at Ooraminna Homestead just outside Alice Springs. Presented by MusicNT, Tourism NT, Sing Hum and Gaga Music Publishing, the 4-day retreat will bring together 8 NT songwriters in one location, with industry mentors. Over the Desert Sessions participants will work together to:
– Compose music to a real world creative brief developed by Tourism NT
– Write new songs with other songwriters
– Understand the ins and outs of publishing and how to pitch your music
– Receive industry mentoring to help support your career
– Discover new opportunities to generate income from your creative content.
SELECTION: A selection panel will directly invite 5 NT songwriters to participate in a songwriting retreat at Ooraminna, with a further 3 songwriters chosen via an open application process. We welcome submissions from NT based songwriters of all genres who are prepared to collaborate and co-write. Artists considered for this opportunity must be available from 7-10 September. Travel costs to the camp will be covered. All accomodation and meal costs will be covered during the camp. Open to NT based songwriters currently living in the NT. OUTCOMES:
– The chance to co-write with some of the NT’s best songwriters and producers in a stunning, distraction-free environment.
– A real-world outcome of a song produced for sync with an upcoming Tourism NT campaign. All writers will retain their copyright in the work and will be paid a $200 fee each for their part in composing the song.
– New skills and knowledge in music publishing, copyright, co-writing and music production as well as digital release strategies and marketing your music.