Live Music Venue Support – Arts Queensland
The Live Music Venue Support program (3 July 2020 – 3 June 2021) supported Queensland-based live music venues with a track record in presenting original live music that have been significantly impacted by COVID-19. The program is part of the Queensland Government’s Arts and Cultural Recovery Package of $22.5 million over two years to stabilise Queensland’s arts companies, secure employment for artists and arts workers and deliver COVID-safe cultural experiences for Queensland audiences.
- Relieve immediate cost pressures for live music venues at a time that operation is curtailed
- Support employment of venue staff, technical crew and artists
- Ensure live music venues are in a strong position to safely resume full operations as and when restrictions are lifted
- Support the current and future viability of Queensland’s live music venues
- up to $15,000 for small venues (up to 499 pax.)
- up to $25,000 for large venues (over 500 pax.)
- be based in Queensland
- meet the definition for a live music venue: a business whose primary function is to program or host original live music.
- provide evidence of regular original live music programming over the last 12 months
- have been highly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and associated shutdown and restrictions.
Applications opened: 3 July 2020
Applications closed: 3 June 2021