- This event has passed.
Grant Mclennan Fellowship: Applications Close (QLD)
The prestigious $25,000 Grant McLennan Fellowship offers the recipient/s an opportunity to travel to New York, London or Berlin for up to six months and use the experience of being immersed in a foreign and vibrant musical culture to further develop their own artistic skills.
The Fellowship is for a contemporary music songwriter or songwriting duo with both experience and exceptional talent. The artist/artists will have more than five years of professional experience and will have developed a national profile through album releases, touring and media recognition.
The Grant McLennan Fellowship is delivered through a partnership with Arts Queensland, APRA AMCOS (The Australasian Performing Right Association – Australasian Mechanical Copyright-Owners Society) and QMusic.
Founded in 2007 in honour of the late Queensland singer-songwriter and co-frontman of The Go-Betweens, Grant McLennan, the Fellowship is an incredible chance for local songwriters to take their careers to a whole new level.
- Have resided in Queensland for at least two years prior to the due date of applications. You may be asked to provide proof of your Queensland residency status during the eligibility check process.
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be a member of APRA AMCOS
- Have satisfied the reporting requirements of any previous Arts Queensland grants
- Have an ABN
- Only submit one application in each round (e.g. songwriting duos may not also submit individual applications).
Click below to download the guidelines for entry.
All sections of the online application will need to be completed, addressing all selection criteria and attaching all requested support material. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for assessment. Applicants must only submit one application in each round.
Applications Open: 18 July 2019
Applications Close: 23 September 201
Winner Announced: December 2019