- This event has passed.
Gimme Shelter Closing Applications (Marysville, VIC)
March 26 @ 11:30 pm UTC+10Free
GIMME SHELTER is a responsive program to give 15 Victorian managers the knowledge and processes required to understand their own mental health and the mental health of the artist. With an immersive 2-day retreat, a guided mentorship with a psychologist to develop some further skills and understanding and funded accredited training – this is an intelligent and revolutionary course.
“I believe this program will have far reaching effects that will benefit not only the managers and artists but a flow on benefit to the whole music industry.’
Rick Chazan, Co – Chair AAM
EOI’s Open : March 13
EOI’s Close : March 26 (Midnight EST)
Retreat dates: 25 & 26 of April (two days and one night) 2019
Location: Marysville, Victoria
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM
All Victorian artist (music) managers are eligible to apply for this program.
The Manager will be able to demonstrate
- That they are recognised by the industry, and their peers, as professional music managers
- Currently Victorian based. Priority will be given to those that demonstrate at least two consecutive years of activity in Victoria, and further priority if managing Victorian artists
Managers accepted into the program will receive the following support during the workshop duration
- Paid accommodation
- Food and some hospitality
- Transportation to the workshop location – from a central spot in Melbourne
- Workshops and facilitation from mental health professionals
- Complete some reflective tasks and undertake a one-on-one interview
- Participants must complete certificate in Mental Health and/or counselling paid for by GIMME SHELTER
Accepted managers living in regional areas and outside of metropolitan Melbourne, must coordinate their own transportation to and from either the Workshop locations or the central transit point. As a regional manager you’ll receive a $100 travel allowance.
All EOIs will be assessed by the facilitators.
The process will be focused on bringing together a diverse mix of managers dedicated to their professional and personal development.
The selection panel are looking for participants that are able to demonstrate.
Willingness and experience in mentoring others and therefore the ability to pass on their skills learned in this program to other music managers.
Be able to indicate how they will use the program to contribute to mental health within their own professional life as well as to the industry more broadly.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications will open Wednesday March 13 and close midnight March 26 2019
- Contact details, business details and some personal details.
- Answer all questions related to the EOI
A safe space is important to establishing trust through a shared experience. Because of this participants will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
For all GIMME SHELTER enquiries or questions, please contact AAM Program Manager Trina Massey – Trina@aam.org.au