- This event has passed.
Applications Close: QUT – The Tara Simmons Scholarship [QLD]
March 8 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 pm EST
A scholarship for future QUT undergraduate creative industries students studying music.
The Tara Simmons Scholarship was established in memory of successful indie-pop singer, songwriter, producer and QUT alumnus, Tara Simmons.
The scholarship aims to enrich the education and aspirations of a talented and committed female student in the Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music) course who may be disadvantaged through financial or personal hardship or from a regional or remote location.
- Applications open:
- 7 February 2020
- Applications close:
- 8 March 2020
To be eligible for this award you must be:
- an Australian citizen (including dual citizens)
- a permanent resident of Australia.
You must also be:
- a woman
- enrolled in or applying for a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music) or double degree with this course
- experiencing financial hardship.
You’ll receive $25,600 over three years, paid as:
- $5,000 HECS-HELP exemption (across first and second year).
- $5,000 study, relocation or living expense stipend (in first year)
- $5,000 study or real-world experience such as study tour or study abroad (in second year)
- $600 resources and equipment stipend from Russtor Music (in second year)
- $5,000 study or living expense stipend (in third year)
- $5,000 mentor program stipend with APRA AMCOS to support graduate career opportunity (in third year).
If you hold a double degree, the scholarship funds and credit point requirements apply only to your creative industries units.
How to apply:
To apply for this scholarship, you must submit:
- a completed application form (DOCX file, 38.0 KB)
- your curriculum vitae (CV) including achievements in creative industries, in particular music and any supporting material such as a showreel (if available)
- a proposal outlining how you anticipate that this scholarship will enhance opportunities for you including a statement of any equity disadvantage or hardship in study. QUT Equity Scholarship information will be utilised where applicable (not compulsory).
To keep this scholarship you must:
- remain enrolled as a full time student in the Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music) for the duration of your studies
- maintain a minimum course grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 or greater
- provide an annual report of the benefit and outcomes you gain from receiving the scholarship.
For full information on this scholarship and how to submit your application, please see QUT’s website.