- This event has passed.
Applications Close: ATG SESSIONS Adelaide
Adelaide based music and arts communications agency Against The Grain, today launches the ATG Sessions. A series of free, bespoke DIY PR strategy sessions for mid-level career musicians, bands and arts professionals.
Supported by the South Australian Government’s Music Development Office, the ATG Sessions are designed to assist artists and organisations as they begin to emerge from COVID-19 lockdowns, through upskilling and informing emerging practitioners on how to develop, strategize and execute their own PR campaigns. Including strategy sessions, professionally written documents and industry-leading advice, the ATG Sessions will enable artists to up skill in the field of PR and Publicity and run their own successful reallife campaign.
Offering eight free sessions in total, the ATG Sessions will include:
Initial one hour one-on-one meeting (physical or zoomed) to discuss campaign and plans.
With ongoing artist input, we’ll design a PR campaign for a specific event, release or tour,
including a roadmap of actions.
- A finalised media release ready for distribution.
- A set of key media contacts relevant to the campaign.
- Draft or assist in updating existing biographical materials.
- A roadmap on how to implement the bespoke campaign
- A collection of other resources aimed at outlining how to pitch to media, create EPKs, organise photoshoots, example social media plans, and other key media orientated elements.
- Final session to talk through PR strategy, walk through suggested implementation and how to best use the strategic plan and tools.
- Ongoing general support across the implementation of the campaign.
“COVID has pushed the Australian arts and music sectors to the brink. Gigging had stopped, clubs, venues and theatres closed, thousands were left without work and businesses small and large shut their doors,” said Against The Grain Director, Leigh McGrane.
“As the industry continues to work through a roadmap out of COVID we want to play our small part to help the Australian music and arts sector to get back on its feet. For us, we can contribute by helping Australian artists prepare their own re-emergence strategy from the COVID haze into 2021 and beyond. “We want to open up our services to people who need help in preparing to tour, release new music, put on shows, and assist in the general re-opening of our beloved industry.”
To apply for the ATG Sessions: www.atgpr.com.au/atg-sessions/
Applications close May 14
Successful applicants notified: by May 21