ABOUT CANDY ENTERTAINMENT
Candy Entertainment has been running successful events in Sydney for the last 2 years. Across directors and staff there is over 75 years of experience running events, Candy Entertainment has been operating one of Sydney’s longest running music venues Candys Apartment since the entertainment company launched as well as booking and promoting shows by some of the biggest national and international touring artists. Candy Entertainment has an impeccable track record of creating successful events, and having been created from the staff of Candys Apartment has developed an unrivalled reputation for the promotion of live music performances. The company was founded from a long history of creating and nurturing artists, and our history of events has been proven over 15 years at Candys Apartment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is an opportunity for you to help create and facilitate a new roster of artists from the Candy Entertainment community in Sydney as well as developing your ability to seek, book and promote touring shows for our brand and venues. You will be working under our current booker to activate a newly created artist agency arm of Candy Entertainment. You will be responsible for the booking of your own roster of artists and entertainment venues and will be looking to build those rosters. Your day will involve working with a dynamic team to deliver exceptional service to your clients. You will also be fostering relationships with the nation’s leading agencies to source, book and promote touring artists. This role requires the ability to work independently, to have strong creative and administrative skills, to have a passion for music and musicians, and for going out and seeing them live.
As part of this role, you will:
- Look after the interests of your artists, securing them great gigs
- Communicate with your artists regularly
- Develop an extensive contact list of key music industry players, both locally and nationally
- Attend industry conferences and events
- Go out regularly to see your clients, both artists and venue managers
- Liaise with our creative team to promote your artists and shows
- Develop opportunities to build your venue roster
- Seek out the very best musicians to represent them
- Provide monthly written reports to the Directors
You are passionate about music, musicians and quality live performances. You communicate well, both orally and in writing. You keep up to date with the latest music trends and artists, monitoring the rise of new artists with a view to booking and promoting them in Sydney and across Australia. You have strong negotiation skills and are positive and assertive in your dealings. You are super organised, manage your time well and are a meticulous record-keeper.
You will have:
- Experience working in the Australian music industry
- Existing relationships with other members of the music industry
- A knowledge of what constitutes a great live performance, from song selection and audience interaction to musicianship, stage craft and production
- An understanding of how live performances are promoted to optimise success
- A desire to do things that haven’t been done before
- A highly proactive and brave approach to all things musical
- The capacity to work without supervision and create great outcomes
Applications close Friday 30th July 2017
Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applications will remain confidential.
- COMPANY NAME – Candy Entertainment
- CONTACT NAME – Jarrad Bodeker
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.pedestrian.tv/jobs/music/junior-booking-and-events-agent/8b28a6c1-7684-45f2-8eb4-4724d8a82d27.htm →