Contemporary Music & Popular Culture Digital Reporter
- Be a part of Australia’s independent national broadcaster
- $73K – $78K p.a. +choice of 15.4% super
- Location Negotiable – Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
About Double J
Double J is a part of the triple j family of networks, that also includes triple j and triple j Unearthed. Broadcast nationally via DAB+, on Channel 200 on TV, online via doublej.net.au and on the ABC Radio App, Double J is a station for music lovers. We play a diverse mix of the best new music from Australia and overseas, plus the songs and artists that triple j has championed over the past four decades. We also run music features, long-form articles, news and more on doublej.net.au
About the Role
Using your sharp writing skills, you will work with the triple j, Double J and ABC News teams to produce content for ABC News websites and other ABC digital channels that resonate with audiences. You will repurpose and extend on existing stories and find new stories addressing a broad cultural remit across popular music, film, and screen culture.
- Source, research, write, produce, sub-edit and publish music and culture stories to ABC News digital platforms
- Create content for social media platforms, including editing photos and videos
- Produce and repurpose music content from triple j, Double J and other ABC programs
From covering the ARIAs to going deep on music and film industry issues, this role would suit a motivated journalist with wide cultural knowledge and an ability to cut through the glitz and glamour to tell the real story.
To be successful for this role, you’ll be able to demonstrate;
- The ability to source, research, write, fact-check, sub-edit and publish original music and culture news stories
- A passion for new music and culture across a range of cultures, targeted to the demographic of 30-50 year old’s
- Proven experience in digital production – including video editing, image editing, social media and content management systems
- Excellent communication, organisation and team player skills
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: Contemporary Music & Popular Culture Digital Reporter – PD.pdf
Audition material must be submitted with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
For further information contact Meagan Loader, Content Manager Double J on (02) 8333 5424
Applications Close: 23 July 2017
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.abc.net.au/caw/en/job/498074/contemporary-music-popular-culture-digital-reporter →